Иностранный язык.Билеты МЭБИК (билет 1)
- Прочитайте, переведите письменно текст.Разбейте текст на части и поставьте вопрос на английском языке к каждой из них:
People in contemporary world can hardly imagine their lives without machines. Every day either a new gadget is invented or an old one is improved. Different people appreciate new inventions differently. Some suppose that sophisticated gadgets are really useful and necessary, while others find them absolutely awful as they influence people badly. As for me, I am pretty sure that gadgets make people’s life easier.
Firstly, they do all kinds of dirty and hard work, as cleaning. Secondly, devices can save a lot of time as well as storage space. For instance, a computer disk can contain the same amount of information as several thick books. So, machines help people in different spheres. However, opponents of this point of view are definitely sure that gadgets affect people negatively. People are reluctant to work due to the influence of machines. People become lazy and disorganized. They just expect their latest gadgets to do everything instead of them. Moreover, according to scientists, a great number of widespread devices produce radiation that can cause serious health problems. Furthermore, more and more people are becoming addicted to their modem gadgets, for instance computers, TVs or mobile phones. So, they neglect their home obligations, work or school and spend all their spare time in front of a laptop screen or a TV-set.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that in spite of all drawbacks, gadgets have, their benefits are much more considerable, as they save people’s time and let them enjoy life.
50 years ago people didn’t even hear of computers, and today we cannot imagine life without them
Computer technology is the fastest-growing industry in the world. The first computer was the size of a minibus and weighed a ton. Today, its job can be done by a chip the size of a pin head. And the revolution is still going on.
Very soon we’ll have computers that we’ll wear on our wrists or even in our glasses and earrings.
The next generation of computers will be able to talk and even think for themselves. They will contain electronic «neural networks». Of course, they’ll be still a lot simpler than human brains, but it will be a great step forward. Such computers will help to diagnose illnesses, find minerals, identify criminals and control space travel.
Some people say that computers are dangerous, but I don’t agree with them.
They save a lot of time. They seldom make mistakes. It’s much faster and easier to surf the Internet than to go to the library. On-line shopping makes it possible to find exactly what you want at the best price, saving both time and money. E-mail is a great invention, too. It’s faster than sending a letter and cheaper than sending a telegram.
All in all, I strongly believe that computers are a useful tool. They have changed our life for the better. So why shouldn’t we make them work to our advantage?
- I Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в нужном времени и переведите предложения на русский язык:
- Stop smoking! The room (to be) full of smoke which (come) from your pipe. Usually nobody (smoke) here as Ann (not let) it.
- You (find) the money which you (lose) yesterday? — Yes, I (find) it in the pocket of my coat when I (come) home.
- I just (look) at the barometer and (see) that it (fall) very quickly.
- Don’ shout so loudly, father (not finish) work and he hates if anybody (make a noise) while he (work).
- We’ll go swimming if it (be) a nice day tomorrow. It just (stop rain). I hope the weather (be) all right.